SHORTFLATT TOWER IS AVAILABLE AS A HOLIDAY LET AND COUNTRYSIDE RETREAT FOR YOUR EXCLUSIVE USE.
- The Drawing room, known as the Keep
- The Dining room, complete with family portraits, a cosy wood burner and south facing garden views. The Dining room seats up to 14 people in its usual traditional arrangement but can accommodate more if necessary by prior arrangement.
The well designed and equipped open plan kitchen/sitting room above the Tower Keep offers lovely views across the estate. Handmade walnut worktops and beautiful green Brazilian granite in the kitchen area, an original stone floor, a large wood burning stove and comfortable furnishings all make this room a cosy place to be.
Equiped with flat screen TV with digital Freeview and DVD.
All completely individual, each room has been furnished in a traditionally luxurious and bespoke style to offer every visitor absolute comfort. Our rooms are named after the famous greyhounds bred at Shortflatt Tower in the late 1800's by Neddy Dent.
- Gallant Foe, The Four Poster (Double)
- Pretty Nell, The Master Bedroom (Super king size)
- Bit of Fashion (Super king or Twin)
- Miss Glen Dyne (Super king or Twin)
- Young Fullerton (Super king or Twin)
- Isis & Iris (both Double with en suite shower)
- Library Bedroom Suite (Double or Twin with ensuite bath and shower)
- This suite includes the library sitting room and is available at an additinal rate.
All of our bed linen is top quality Egyptian cotton. We use top quality goose feather and down duvets and pillows but can provide an alternative if specifically requested at time of booking. Clean linen is provided once a week unless otherwise requested.
All bedrooms have dressing tables, drawers, bedside tables and wardrobe space as well as soft furnishings. Hairdryers and towels are also provided.
- The Tower bathroom is a beautiful attic room with the original beams exposed. It consists of a shower room adjoining a large cosy bathroom with a huge cast-iron roll top bath, a chaise lounge and sky light views. This is a room for serious luxury bathing!
- The Stair bathroom has a large original cast-iron bath surrounded by unique green Brazilian granite. It has a large sash window with views of the tower and garden. When you are in the bath you can see the dramatic battlements of the tower against the sky.
- The Hall bathroom is also luxurious with a roll top cast iron bath and antique furnishings.
Isis & Iris both have en-suite shower rooms with beautiful travertine marble tiles and extremely good quality rain showers.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FACILITIES:
The kitchen is well equipped and includes the following:
- Electric double oven and electric hob
- Microwave, kettle, toaster
- Fridge, extra larder fridge
- Washing machine and Tumble dryer.
- Ironing facilities
- WiFi throughout the house - free of charge
- TV’s and DVD players: All bedrooms and the Tower sitting room have flat screen digital TV with Freeview and the tower sitting room has a DVD player
- IPod docking station HiFi-Tower sitting room
- Private use of the formal garden
- Garden furniture including hardwood table and chairs and a patio heater
- Super comfy Swing bench
We provide a complimentary welcome pack on arrival as well as complimentary bathing products.
If you would like to relax and forget about the cooking we can arrange catering on request for an additional cost. We have an arrangement with a number of excellent caterers who are pleased to provide anything from simple every day meals to wonderful dinner party fare for part or all of your stay.
Plenty of car parking space is available.
We operate a non smoking policy in accordance with the law but we endeavour to provide comfortable areas outside for smokers.
No pets allowed in the Tower. Pets allowed in Fullerton Place Cottage by prior arrangement only.